It’s not an exaggeration to say that the weight loss industry brings in billions of dollars every year. People are always willing to spend their hard earned money on the next best diet program. Many weight loss programs offer customization for the diet plan and also sell special food or diet products. For example, Slim Fast http://www.slimfast.com is a free web-based service offering online tools for you to create your own diet program and products to help in the slimming process.
About Jenny Craig
Jenny Craig http://www.jennycraig.com is a high-end weight management program, which combines nutrition and physical activity with counseling to help clients change lifestyle and eating habits. Jenny Criag is a paid membership programs where clients are provided with individual, private counseling sessions with program consultants who tailor a program for them. Members join any one of a number of programs e.g. women, men, diabetics, and seniors and then purchase prepackage food from their local center. The goal of the program is that once clients reach their desired weight levels, they no longer need to rely on the program’s prepackaged food, planned menus, or consultation to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The company was founded by Jenny Craig and her husband, Sidney Craig in Melbourne in 1983. It began operations in USA in 1985 and today has more than 700 weight management centers across several countries. The Craigs have since sold the company to third parties. As it is one of the more expensive programs out there, you have to really think long and hard as to whether it’s right for you. So how can you know if Jenny Craig is right for you?
Take the Quiz
Rate each of the following statements on a score of 1 to 5. Score 1 if you don’t feel that way at all; score 5 if you totally feel that way.
- I’m sick and tired of being unhealthy and overweight and am ready to take action to lose weight.
- I believe that I’m the only person that can make the decision to change my eating habits.
- I believe my health is not only important to me but to my family too so I can live a longer life and be around for them.
- I can afford to spend about $500 to $600 a month for the meals and snacks on the Jenny Craig weight loss program.
- I need a structured weight loss program where the meals are provided for me.
Now total up your numbers
- If you scored 20-25 points: you should definitely join Jenny Craig! You’ve got the heart for it and are ready to make not only the financial commitment, but also the commitment to stick with the program.
- If you scored 15-19 points: you probably want to spend some more time thinking about joining the program. You may find that you lack the conviction right now to stick to it on a daily basis. You’ll need to remind yourself often of the reasons that you made the choice in the first place.
- If you scored 14 or fewer points: you may not be cut out for Jenny Craig. That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t join, but it does mean that you need to give it a lot of consideration.
Not everybody has the motivation or the financial means to join the Jenny Craig weight loss program. While most people would agree that there is a huge benefit to it, it doesn’t always work out and it’s certainly not easy. It’s really important that you take the time to think about whether this is the right choice for you. You need to make sure you’re ready to fork over a large amount of cash each and every month and that you’re ready to give up regular food and eat only what is provided to you via their program.
If you feel like this is the best option for you, keep in mind it’s not a lifelong commitment. You can always decide to try another program later on down the road if you don’t end up liking Jenny Craig or it gets to be too much of a financial burden. There are many options out there!
A note of caution
Please note every effort has been made to include accurate information, but this is not a recommendation on this diet. Further research and the advice of a physician is highly recommended before starting this diet plan or any other diet plan mentioned on the Sage Vita website.